Monday, February 23, 2015

Leaving the MTC

I have loved it here!! There is great power in spending two weeks just with missionaries. We learn from each other and grow together. My district is amazing. We have become very close- and we are going to 4 separate missions!!!

My companion, Sister Evans, one of our district leaders, Elder Ortiz, and I are going to Little Rock. Sister Judd and Sister Searle are going to Des Moines, Iowa. Elder Brown and Elder Hock are going to Indianapolis, Indiana. Elder Rosenhoover is going to Manchester, England. He was here because his VISA hadn't come in yet. These missionaries have amazingly strong testimonies. I am so glad to have been able to meet and interact with them these past weeks. 

 Mom, you were right! I was asked to play the piano for my branch last Sunday. I didn't expect to be the only person who knew how to play, but I was going to volunteer anyway!

Tonight is my last night in the MTC!!! The past two weeks have FLOWN past!! I can't believe how fast. Tomorrow is going to be terrible with a massive light at the end of the tunnel. I wake up at 3:30am to leave. My first flight is at 7:05, and my second fight is at 2:22. I finally land in Arkansas at 3:03. (Remember I am flying into another time zone.) So I am going to be tired and done with airport food when we land. BUT, I get to meet my mission president and his wife!!! I can't wait to finally meet the Wakolo's!! 

There will be 8 of us flying from Provo (counting me). My companion and the other elder from my district. Then 5 other missionaries I don't know yet. It'll be fun!! I think we are all English speaking, so we'll only have been missionaries for two weeks!!! So that'll be interesting! :) 

I can't believe that in less than 24-hours I'll be in the field!!! I am so excited and ready to go out and teach! Thanks for the letters and support!!! Remember that the address to use is the Arkansas one and the email is paige.pochop@myldsmail.net!!!!

Sister Pochop

No comments:

Post a Comment