Monday, April 20, 2015

Goodness gracious! Has it already been 2 months??‏

Your favorite missionary is doing pretty good! Sister Zent is doing better. So we are doing better.

We are not quite teaching teaching anyone right now. We have a few potential investigators, but we are trying to nail down appointments with them. The few we have are promising, so as long as they don't stand us up it'll be great! By next week, we will have taught an actual lesson with them, so I will go into more detail. I promise!! :)
The apartment is a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom kinda deal. I'll take pictures and send them your way next Monday. Same with pictures of my town and the people here.
I love the work and always so grateful for the opportunity to be out here doing the Lord's work.

Oftentimes the best way to be a missionary is through our actions and example. People watch us more closely than any other group. People can see your spirit and the light of Christ that is inside you. Someone we potentially will start teaching can automatically tell a Mormon apart. How? Our smile. She (Paige’s friend) said that Mormon's have the kind of smile that is big and genuine. You never know who might need a smile or kind deed. Just be amazing!!! :)
On Tuesday we had a specialized training. It was with my zone and the zone just north of us. We were able to be taught by the APs and President and Sister Wakolo. We talked about knowledge and how important it is. I forgot my notes, so I can't remember everything about it. I promise that I was listening and paying attention!!
We had exchanges after that. Have I explained those yet? It's when the STLs (Sister Training Leaders) and a companionship of sisters in their zone switch companions for a day. (With elders its the Zone Leaders and elders.) Last exchange I went to Bryant and worked with the Sister there. This time, I stayed in Hot Springs and worked with the Sister here. It was a little nerve-wracking. I planned for the day, and I had to remember where everyone lived! Haha, I got to drive too. The funny part of that is that Sister Zent is about a foot taller than me. I sat in the driver's seat and laughed. I felt very short after that. :) Anyway, exchanges went well. Some of our plans had fallen through and we had gotten back from the meeting later than expected, but it was still good. Sister Esplin had said that she learned a lot from the people we had met with. I learned too. It just goes to show that when you have the Lord in charge and the Holy Ghost be the senior companion, nothing really goes wrong.

Thank you much for the pictures and the videos!!! I loved them and they made me laugh and smile!!! I promise to have more pictures soon!

Love,

Sister Pochop

Scripture of the week: D&C 132:3 (Prepare yourself to be worthy to receive revelation and to learn.)

3  Therefore, prepare thy heart to receive and obey the instructions which I am about to give unto you; for all those who have this law revealed unto them must obey the same.

 

Downtown Hot Springs on St. Patrick's Day - Yes, the water is green!


Lake Ouchita

No comments:

Post a Comment