Monday, May 25, 2015

New Area


Hello World!!! :)

I am now serving in Paragould, Arkansas!!! It is just 20 miles from the boot heel of Missouri. And for the awesome people in Martin, I am 95 miles southwest-ish from you!!! So that was a fun surprise to see!!

My new address is 913 S. 22nd St #6, Paragould, AR 72450.

Paragould is a branch. This was my first time ever attending a branch... It is so small!!!!! It is going to take some getting used to, but at least I'll be able to meet the members fast! :) And I am now the Branch Relief Society Pianist :)

My new companion is Sister Merita Brunt. Fun fact: she actually came to Arkansas with me. So we are both kind of follow-up training each other, but I am more senior companion. That's only because I know the language. She is actually from Samoa, and she had to learn English. And for only being out here for 3 months, its amazing!!!! I love her so much!! But it was still sad to leave - leaving Hot Springs was soo hard!! Even though it was only 3 months, you still grow attached to the people.

I saw the picture of the car, and it made me laugh! That was the car we had in Hot Springs. It's a good car. In Paragould, we have a silver Toyota Corolla.

This week was interesting. Monday and Tuesday was mostly full of saying good-byes, so not really any work done. Wednesday was transfers in Little Rock, and the drive to my new area is 3 hours away. So we didn't do a whole lot either. Thursday morning, we were in Memphis for a special appointment for Sister Brunt. (No problems, it had been set up before I got here.) But this week has pretty much been me getting to meet our investigators and some of the members. But, Sunday we set a baptismal date!! So that was pretty amazing!! I look forward to teaching him and helping him progress. His name is Greg, if y'all could keep him in your prayers.

I'll have more info next week, I promise!!!

I love y'all!!!

Sister Pochop

Scripture of the Week: 1 Nephi 1:1

 1  I, NEPHI, having been aborn of bgoodly cparents, therefore I was dtaught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen many eafflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a frecord of my proceedings in my days.


She knows how much I "love" camo....not!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment