Monday, June 29, 2015

Transfer #4


Hi again!

 I'm a trainer! For those that don't know, that means that I have been entrusted with a brand new missionary to show her the ropes of the work. I'm excited to do so, but I would love some advice from my RM family and friends. What are some things that you did, things you wished you had done, things that helped you... I'm going to miss Sister Brunt, but she's going to do well in her next area!

We had a baptism on Sunday! It was Jalynn, the 8 year old we had been teaching. I am so proud of her! She was my first start to finish investigator, so it meant a lot more too. She is going to do so well. She is very fortunate to have a strong support system from her grandparents (recent converts themselves). I just love this little girl!

So far, we still don't have anybody that is progressing. But if we keep pushing and doing our part, the Lord will help us. I remind myself that during the tough times in life God is with me as long as I am righteous and committed to doing my all. 

On Saturday, the branch had a day of service cleaning up some trails. It was a lot of fun! I have missed giving service and being in nature. So it was good on both respects! It was also a good time to meet the members of the branch in circumstances other than church. We did see and snake and encounter ticks, but we are clean and happy! 

I'm not sure if I have explained why we have iPads. I know I told y'all that we have them, but here is the down low. Our mission was chosen to pilot the use of iPads. We are one of 5 missions in the Southeast States that is piloting them. We've had them almost this whole transfer, but the work is being introduced in stages. We have just been getting used to using them to help us study and teach. The church put the pamphlets on an interactive app. It's pretty amazing! The next stage is the area book and planner app. It is all going digital. We have the app now, but won't get the training for another week or so. The final stage will be online proselyting, such as Facebook, Skype, Mormon.org, emailing... We aren't there yet, so I don't know all the details yet. As I learn them, you'll know. :)

Scripture of the week: Moroni 10:23

23  And Christ truly said unto our fathers: aIf ye have faith ye can do all things which are expedient unto me.

Love,


Sister Pochop
 Service project painting benches
Jaylyn was baptized!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment