Monday, August 17, 2015

Brithday Week


Hey y'all!

This has been a fun week! First of all, I got my new companion! Her

name is Sister Wright. She is from Mesa, Arizona but doesn't know the

Hinman's or Ross's. I already tried :) She is doing really good so

far. She is a fast learner, which makes it easier for me.

 
Thank you so much for the package and goodies! I love the case- so

cute!! I'll probably get the See's today or tomorrow, so thank you!!!!

I got all the videos- they made me trunky :( I can't believe y'all

bought a cake for me that you couldn't even eat! So silly, but was

just like y'all.

 
It was actually one of my favorite birthdays because it wasn't about

me. We still went out and did work. We harvested an apartment complex

that I have felt prompted to stop by for a week now. We hadn't earlier

because the hectic schedule of transfers and I had the excuse that we

were too busy to stop by. I am so glad that we did though! Our first

door was Sister Wright's choice. He was really nice and still new to

the area. He is looking for a church, and we taught him about the

Restoration and the Book of Mormon and invited him to read. He said he

would, and we are going to see him next week! I can't wait!

 
The other person we met is golden! We had felt as though there was

someone else that needed to hear our message, so we walked upstairs

and I stopped at her apartment. Christine let us in. We started with

the Restoration of Christ's church, but then she told us about her

brother that had passed away. We were able to teach the Plan of

Salvation, and answer her questions of the soul: where did I come

from, why am I here, and where am I going? I was able to bear my

testimony of Jesus Christ's atonement and the knowledge I have that

our families CAN be together forever. I am so grateful that I was able

to give the best gift I could on my birthday. It is definitely an

experience that I will cherish and plan to repeat.

 
Not a whole lot of new stuff, since it's mostly getting Sister Wright

to meet everyone. This week will be more "productive" story wise.

 
May I make a request for pictures? People can email pictures, because

I can save them and it's cheaper for all parties. PLEASE????? This

sister misses seeing people she loves!

 
Scripture of the Week: 2 Kings (story of Elijah and his servant being

surrounded by chariots of Fire. I just can't remember the reference.)

 
Love,

Sister Pochop

 

No comments:

Post a Comment