Monday, August 3, 2015

Pleasant Surprises!

Hey y'all!
>
> Business first: in this mission, we get to go to the temple in our
> birthday month. For me it's this month :) So next week, I will be
> emailing on Tuesday instead of Monday. So don't stress out. I am alive
> and being spiritually uplifted. :)
>
> This week was really good! Our branch had two baptisms! One was a
> member and the other was her dad. It was so good! She got baptized
> Saturday, and him on Sunday morning. Baptisms are amazing. The spirit
> present is so incredibly strong. I am so grateful to have been able to
> witness them. To top that off, his daughter (previous marriage, not a
> member) wants to learn more! Her name is Ashton and is 13. We taught
> the Restoration and the Spirit was powerful. What made it even more
> special was that Tom was there and could bear testimony as well. It
> couldn't have been better! The church is true!
>
> Renea is doing great! We taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That
> is about faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, receiving the
> Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. We focused on baptism. She is
> excited and ready! Not sure if I said this before, but her date is for
> August 16. We plan on seeing her tomorrow, so I'll keep y'all updated.
>
> So yes, we had a 40th anniversary reunion for the Arkansas Little Rock
> Mission. Someone had the grand idea to have RMs and past mission
> presidents come back and visit and see the growth. We also got to hear
> from some about how they had been changed. It was a very incredible
> experience. We had a choir of currently serving missionaries,
> including yours truly :). So good! The Spirit is intense! I hope you
> get to see it, because my favorite songs were sung. Called to Serve
> and our mission song. It is truly an incredible anthem.
>
> I think the work here is Paragould is starting to lift off. And it is
> definitely making a difference. I just sent you a letter that goes
> into this more. I don't remember all of it, but it's good! :)
>
> The work is hard, but the work is good. There have been tears and
> heartache and stress and frustration. There have also been tears and
> peace and calmness and joy. We offer salvation, but it comes through
> work. Work on all our parts. Regardless of when we see it, a
> difference is being made. I know I'm here for a reason. I make a
> difference, but it is through the Spirit and the love of my Savior.
>
> Scripture of the Week: Moroni 9:6
6 And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God.
(Book of Mormon | Moroni 9:6)

>
> Love,
> Sister Pochop
 

 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment