Monday, March 30, 2015

It's the beginning of the end!.... of the beginning :)‏

Smallest house ever!

with Sis. Zent at Lake Ouachita

Elder Stokes, Matt, Sis Zent & Me
This is week 6- the end of my first transfer!! The time has flown past!! I feel like I've been in Hot Springs forever though. 
 
I had my first baptism yesterday!!! 
It was a special experience. I've been to other baptisms- the elder's have had 2 and there were 3 member baptisms this past week. But I got to teach him. I was able to see the change he has undergone and how the Spirit has touched him and his life. What got me the most, was after he was baptized and was changing, his mom came up to us and thanked us for all that we've done for him. She said that we helped him in so many ways. 
The gospel does change lives!!! I've seen in and been able to watch the process now. It's incredible and true!!! So very true!

I know it was the "General Women's Broadcast", but I think the men need to hear President Eyring's talk. It was about our commitment to our covenants. How committed are we? Do we just hear the words, but forget that commitment? And if we do remember the commitment, are we ready and prepared to live them? Definitely worth listening to.

Love,
Sister Pochop

Scripture of the Week: 2 Nephi 31:20
20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment