Monday, March 9, 2015

Working hard and MTC pictures

I got the package!!! Thank you soo much!! It looks yummy with all the glorious dark chocolate!! And the Milanos are adorable!! I didn't know they had snack travel packs. The thing about "Hot Springs National Park" is that Hot Springs is a national park. I think its the whole town. So it's kinda cool and makes you feel special.
The Bradshaw's can't grow up!!!!! Mac isn't allowed to drive! The Wakolo's are amazing! That's really cool that Sister Janet Bradshaw knew them.

Speaking of people that know each other through the church, do you know a Julia David? That's her married name. She used to live in San Bernardino in Uncle John's ward. She knew them and Freddie. They are apparently friends on Facebook, and she saw that I was coming here. I forgot to ask if she knew you. It was the first Sunday here and I was overwhelmed with all the people here.

Tell Sister Rodriguez "thanks!" and Khia, "HI!" How's my class?? I miss them.

Guess who has been playing the piano for District and Zone meetings and correlation meetings (ward missionaries, mission leader, and full-time missionaries)? Yours truly!! I enjoy it. I'm the only one that can play. They were so excited to hear that I could. So don't you worry- I'm still playing :)

So here's a little about the work. We have two strong investigators: Ethan and Matt. They both have baptismal dates- I actually invited Ethan on my first day!! So that was a really cool experience! I have been teaching Ethan since his first lesson, where I invited him. I've only been teaching Matt since the third lesson. They have both changed so much in the short time we've met with them. Their countenances are brighter. It is amazing to have seen the Light of Christ change these young men. They are working on quitting smoking- which is hard. Some elders that used to serve here had an investigator struggle with quitting smoking, so they prayed about what to do. Their answer was to use cinnamon: toothpaste, mouthwash, gum, candy. Something in the cinnamon somehow works. Of course the faith and desire is necessary as well. We're just working on that.
Scripture of the Week:
 But if ye will aturn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all bdiligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage.
(Book of Mormon | Mosiah 7:33)



This was our last Sunday. All of us but Searle and Judd left that Tuesday- they left Wednesday. Didn't we grow up so fast? ;)
The sun was in our faces which is why we are all squinting and I look weird!!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment